Josh Levy is a highly-experienced litigator who has argued numerous cases, jury and non-jury, in state and federal courts and before administrative tribunals. He has experience with all phases of litigation and has tried bench and jury trials to verdict.
He concentrates his practice on complex business litigation, personal injury, insurance matters and general liability. Josh’s clients range from international corporations to local businesses. He also has experience in the hospitality industry, representing hotels and bars on daily issues and, when necessary, in the courtroom. A skillful negotiator, Josh also has expertise drafting contracts and resolving disputes, often without having to resort to litigation.
Another aspect of Josh’s practice is labor and employment law, with a focus on representing large corporations and small businesses in complex disputes including wage and hour class actions, FLSA class actions, Florida and federal discrimination cases including ADA, ADEA, FMLA, and Title VII. He also regularly counsels employers on employment matters such as reductions in force, employee terminations, and ADEA and EEOC charges.
Josh’s professional career is complimented by his deep commitment to community involvement. Josh is a Vice Chair of the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce. In that role and previous leadership roles at the Chamber and in his community, Josh has become well-versed in the nuanced and varied issues that confront businesses, large and small. This intersection of experience in business, government, and law provides Josh with a unique and holistic perspective on his clients’ business and legal challenges. As a result, during the past 24 years in practice, Josh has developed a very practical and multifaceted approach when he counsels his clients.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1993
- B.A., University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1989
- Ealing College, London, September 1987 – May 1988
Bar/Court Admissions and Certifications
- Florida Bar
- Eleventh Circuit
- Southern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- Board member, Miami Beach Bar Association
- Vice chair, Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Quality for Education Committee for the City of Miami Beach
- Representative, Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce on the Advisory Board for the Miami Beach Convention Center
- Elected by the Miami Dade County PTA as the Feeder Pattern Representative for all Middle Schools and Elementary
- Schools that flow into Miami Beach Senior High School
- Recently revived Upper North Bay Road Homeowners’ Association