Linsey Lovell focuses her practice on general corporate and business matters, commercial litigation, bankruptcy and technology law. Linsey has experience in contract disputes, adversary proceedings, arbitration and construction defect litigation, including claims under Florida Statutes Chapter 558. Linsey also assists clients with entity formation, contract negotiation and real estate transactions.
A native of San Angelo, Texas, Linsey attended The University of Texas at Austin where she earned her Bachelor of Business Administration. After graduation, Linsey joined Cisco Systems, Inc. as part of an industry-leading leadership development program. She worked in the technology sector until 2012, when she returned to school to seek her Juris Doctor.
While in law school, Linsey served as intern clerk for the Honorable Judge Robert A. Junell in the United States District Court, Western District of Texas. She also worked as a research assistant for Stuart R. Cohn, providing editing assistance for the 2014-2015 edition of Florida Business Laws Annotated, was assistant managing editor of The Journal of Technology Law & Policy, and served as treasurer for the Intellectual Property and Technology Law Association.
Linsey also was selected as an inaugural member of UF Law’s Entrepreneurship Practicum, in which she provided provide pro bono representation on business development planning and related matters to entrepreneurs and small business owners in a high growth technology setting.
- Representation of construction company in partnership dispute arbitration resulting in favorable settlement
- Corporate representation in complex purchase and sale of three related internet-based corporations
- Representation of individual debtor in dischargeability litigation
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida
- J.D., cum laude, University of Florida, Fredric G. Levin College of Law, 2015
- B.B.A., University of Texas, McCombs School of Business, 2006
Professional & Community Involvement
- Board of Governors, Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Co-Chair, Law Council, Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Pillar Board of Trustees, Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
- President, Texas Exes South Florida Chapter
- Chapter Leader, McCombs School of Business Alumni Chapter – Miami
- Member, Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Miami-Dade Chapter
- Member, The Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division
- Member, Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida