Linsey Lovell focuses her practice on general corporate and business matters, commercial litigation, bankruptcy and condominium and planned development law. Linsey has experience in contract disputes, adversary proceedings, arbitration and construction defect litigation, including claims under Florida Statutes Chapter 558, and condominium corporate governance matters. Linsey also assists clients with entity formation, contract negotiation and real estate transactions.
A native of San Angelo, Texas, Linsey attended The University of Texas at Austin where she earned her Bachelor of Business Administration and, later, the University of Florida Levin College of Law, from which she earned her Juris Doctor, cum laude.
Linsey is also passionate about her community. She has been an active member of the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce since joining the firm in 2015, serving as Chair and Co-Chair of various councils from 2017 to 2022. Since 2018, Linsey has also served as a voting member of the Chamber’s Board of Governors, and in 2022, Linsey was elevated to the Executive Board of Governors when she was appointed Vice Chair of the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce.
In 2023, Linsey was appointed by the City Commission to a two-year term on the City of Miami Beach Historic Preservation Board.
- Representation of construction company in partnership dispute arbitration resulting in favorable settlement
- Corporate representation in complex purchase and sale of three related internet-based corporations
- Representation of individual debtor in dischargeability litigation
- Representation of hotel debtor navigating Chapter 11 as a result of COVID-19 Crisis
- Representation of lender in commercial foreclosure matter
- Representation of hotels in physical barrier and website ADA compliance litigation
- Representation of Miami Beach condominium association through bidding process and negotiation of construction and project management contracts
- Representation of Key Biscayne condominium association in all aspects of corporate governance
- Representation of Miami Beach condominium association in review, analysis, and negotiation of services contracts
Articles and Publications
- “Simple Website Tweaks Can Help Hotels Avoid ADA Claims” – Law360
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida
- J.D., cum laude, University of Florida, Fredric G. Levin College of Law, 2015
- B.B.A., University of Texas, McCombs School of Business, 2006
Professional & Community Involvement
- Vice-Chair, Executive Board of Governors, Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Member, City of Miami Beach Historic Preservation Board
- Former Chair, Law Council, Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Former Chair, Emerging Leadership Council, Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Pillar Board of Trustees, Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
- President, Texas Exes South Florida Chapter
- Former Chapter Leader, McCombs School of Business Alumni Chapter – Miami
- Member, Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Miami-Dade Chapter
- Member, The Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division
- Member, Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida
- Former Member, City of Miami Beach Transportation, Parking & Bicycle-Pedestrian Facilities Committee