Michael represents real estate investors, developers, lenders and business owners in a broad range of real estate and corporate matters, including the acquisition, development, financing, leasing and sale of office buildings, apartment complexes, warehouses and mixed-use properties. He has represented clients in numerous multimillion-dollar purchases, sales and loan transactions of all sizes.
Michael also serves as outside general counsel to several large companies. In that capacity, he frequently counsels’ clients on business governance, contract and lease preparation and risk management, so as to avoid costly and lengthy litigation unless necessary to protect his clients’ interests.
Michael also represents clients in a wide range of civil litigation in the areas of real estate, construction and general business disputes. He has litigated cases through trial and at the appellate level, successfully arguing cases before Florida’s Second and Third District Courts of Appeal.
Michael prides himself on being accessible to his clients and takes a results-oriented approach to achieving their goals. He stands out by understanding what is important to his clients and navigating an efficient path to getting results. He is also dedicated to community service in a variety of pro bono matters.
- Representation of real estate developers in the acquisition and assemblage of more than 50 parcels of land in Miami.
- Representation of real estate investment company in the purchase of multifamily projects ranging from approximately $40 million and $50 million.
- Led acquisition of unique Miami-area marina conveyed for the first time from its original developer.
- Representation of national institutional lender in residential, commercial and construction financial transactions.
- Argued before Florida’s Third District Court of Appeal and successfully obtained dismissal of complaint against foreign national due to lack of personal jurisdiction.
- Represented real estate developers in multimillion-dollar breach of contract action resulting in judgment following bench trial and affirmance on appeal against successor developers residential planned community.
- Represented more than 100 condominium unit owners in professional malpractice lawsuit against land surveyors resulting in settlement prior to trial.
- Representation of internet-based corporation against former employee for breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, and violation of the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trades Practices Act.
- J.D., Florida International University College of Law (2010)
- B.A., Boston University, cum laude (2006)
- Studied abroad at Universidad de Sevilla, in Spain, and at the University of Haifa, in Israel.
- Florida Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Dade County Bar Association
- Best Law Firms, 2022
- Best Lawyers, 2023, Real Estate, Construction Law
Bar/Court Admissions and Certifications
Awards and Recognitions
Proficient in Spanish and Hebrew.
Board of Directors, Budget Committee, Building Committee (Chair) for Temple Beth Sholom on Miami Beach.
Michael was born and raised in Miami Beach, Florida, where he resides with his wife and sons.